ESSENTIAL HEALTHCARE REMAINS OPEN
As the UK’s vaccination programme roles out at pace, we’re told it is the final push to get on top of the virus. In the meantime, we must all stay vigilant and follow the rules. In relation to your physiotherapy treatment the government guidelines are very clear. This is what the legislation says:
- you can leave home for medical appointments – urgent or non-urgent
- dental and medical businesses (including physiotherapy) are permitted to remain open following COVID-19 secure guidelines.
- the government is supporting NHS and medical services to carry out urgent and non-urgent services safely and considers it vital that anyone who thinks they need any kind of medical care comes forward and seeks help
- if you are clinically vulnerable, attending medical appointments and going out for exercise are the two exceptions from Governments advice to stay at home. Please indicate if you are in this category and we will take special measures to ensure your safety at all times when you attend for treatment. Alternatively do get in touch if you would like to change your appointment to an online/video consultation.
Additional information for your consultation.
Please use our new front car park and take care to park in the indicated bays so that everyone can find a place. If the marked bays are full there is space for 2 cars to be parked parallel to the building on either side of the main entrance steps. In the unlikely event of the front car park being full, do feel free to use any available space in the rear car park (taking care not to use the first bay which we reserve for disabled users) and walk around the side of the building to the front entrance.
Our disabled parking bay is at the rear of the building and is the space nearest the entrance of the car park as this is the widest space and easiest to manoeuvre in and out. You can also access the building from the rear door thereby avoiding step access.
Once you’ve parked up, please use the front entrance where you’ll be welcomed by our reception team. We are operating a one way system in the building in order to reduce footfall at reception. On arrival our receptionist will take your temperature and note your attendance. It would be helpful to take payment before the appointment and your physiotherapist will make any follow up appointment in the treatment room, thereby enabling you to exit via the rear door without needing to return to reception. You can access the front car park by walking on the path to the side of the building which takes you back to the main steps. Thank you.
Get in touch
Should you have any issues with parking or attending for your consultation just give us a call on 0114 267 8181 and we will be happy to assist you.
COVID-19 | WE ARE COVID SECURE
We continue to play our part in keeping our community healthy by providing a COVID-secure environment
What we are doing
- We continue to play our part in keeping our community healthy by providing a COVID-secure environment with enhanced cleaning, wearing of face coverings whilst in the general areas, installation of automatic hand sanitiser units throughout the building, social distancing and one way system through the building (see below), the checking of staff and visitor temperatures and being fully compliant with PPE requirements for your safety.
- Whilst most people require face to face consultations, we are offering online video consultations for those unable to attend for treatment. We will continue to be vigilant to minimise the risk to anyone attending for treatment.
- In response to this great national effort to overcome the pandemic, Paul Hattam and Johnny Cassidy have volunteered to transfer their injection skills to become NHS vaccinators as the vaccination programme is rolled out. They are offering their time outside their normal working hours at The Physios to help as many people get the vaccine – as quickly as possible.
How you can help
- Social distancing – we have implemented social distancing measures in the practice and, in order to help us achieve this, we would kindly ask that you do not arrive any more than 5 mins before your appointment. We will also try and ensure you can leave the building promptly after your treatment. If at all possible please can you attend alone in order to limit the number of people in the building at any one time? If you need someone to accompany you, please be advised that they will not be able to wait in the reception area during your appointment would will therefore be in attendance for your appointment. If someone usually attends with you to provide assistance we can of course accommodate this if you just make reception aware of this.
- Face covering – we would ask you to wear a face covering when entering the building and when you are in general areas (e.g. reception, hallways, toilets etc). It may be necessary/appropriate to remove your covering in the consulting room and your physiotherapist will advise you about this.
- Hand sanitising – there are hand sanitising points as you enter and leave the building. Just hold your hand under the dispenser and they will dispense automatically.
- Coronavirus NHS QR code – if you are using the NHS COVID-19 ‘track & trace’ app, our The Physios QR is now displayed on the reception desk and wall mounted at the entrance/exit.
- Card payment only – please note we are no longer able to accept cash for payment.